2 Kinds of Groggy

So, the NFL football season started last night. As a lifelong supporter of the New England Patriots, I had to hold my nose and root for the somewhat-hated Steelers against the even-more-hated Dolphins. It was a fairly enjoyable game though, with the 'Fins crashing and burning in the 4th quarter, which is not the point.

Point A is, the night games are way too late. Fuck the West coast and local news, they should kick off at 6PM EST, so I could watch them in entirety without feeling like a zombie at work the next morning.

Point 2 is, my dog gets up way too early. Much to the dismay of my wife and I, he has fallen back into the bad habit of waking up increasingly early and whining to be let out into the back yard for a piss. This morning it commenced around a quarter to five, nearly an hour before the regularly appointed time. He knows this gambit usually works, by the way, because by 4:45 AM if I am woken, I will usually need a piss myself, and after said bodily function the chances are fair that I'll heed the siren call of coffee more than the pull of bed.

So now, hypothetical reader, you know a few things about me- I have a wife, a dog, and a TV, I drink coffee and watch football- and I have learned something perhaps about life- the law of diminishing returns applies to many things apart from the economic realm, including bed.

Now I need to go get my second cup of coffee.

No comments: