An Introduction

So why this blog, why now? You may be wondering this if you: A) have stumbled across this humble page for the first time, for whatever random reason, probably hoping to find some helpful wisdom, interesting insights into events of the day, pictures of kittens, or naughty nurses- frankly what were you thinking? or, 2) are me, writing this right now.

The truth is, you are not likely to find any of the four listed items here anytime soon. My desire to enter this sphere comes from:

-A lifelong urge to write. Since literally before I can remember, I have been sporadically writing short fiction, poetry, and the occasional personal essay. But time for me is an issue, as I have a career and a life that is decidedly not built around writing. So I hope that the existence of this forum (and theoretically, at least, an audience) will spur me to write more and better, either as a journal space or a place to potentially post other, non-bloggy works. If that doesn’t happen, this blog will not exist for long.

-Self-analysis/expression. There are things in my life that I need to figure out, and writing about them helps. There’s a chance that this could get very personal at some point in time. Or not. We'll see.

-A love of lists. Could you tell yet? I plan to have many list-related posts. I'm making a mental list of potential ones right now.

(By the way, a: I am aware that “2” does not normally follow “A” in any ordinal sense. I was a big fan of the sit-com Mad About You when it was on, and Paul Reiser would repeatedly list things in this manner as a running gag. Since then, I just can’t help myself from doing this when listing two-but only tw0- of anything. It just sounds right to me. And, 2: the name of this blog refers to a favorite quote of mine, something Neils Bohr once reportedly said to Wolfgang Pauli. The remainder of the quote is: “but not crazy enough to be true.”)

No comments: